Old 23-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Benik (Ben)

ZWO ASI174MC on a Mac OSX

Hi

I recently purchased a new ZWO ASI174MC Camera, which at first did not seem to be supported on Mac OS X, However the guys at ZWO and James the software developer sorted that.

However my problem is processing the data from the AVI or SER files on a Mac OS X system.

Does anyone have any recommendations of software to process or stack the data?

I have a hacked version of Registax V6 from William Winters http://williamwinters.com/archives/526 which works to a point however it keeps stopping at 22seconds in stacking process........so give up with it.

Any advice or tips welcome
cheers
Ben
Old 01-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Mark Johnston (Mark Johnston)

Registax

I too bought a ZWO camera and found Registax doesn't like large files. There are various comments on the Registax site referring to difficulties with files > 1Gb and > 2Gb and various workarounds such as extended mode and Vista mode. I've had no luck also with files with higher resolution than 640x480. The solution I found was software called Planetary Image Pre Processor (PIPP Google it). This program seems to be able to read any AVI file without falling over or hanging. It goes through the file and does quality estimation, crops the images and produces smaller files which Registax can then handle.

Mark