Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM
erick (Eric)
Starcatcher

Any interest? A GStar Workshop Weekend in Victoria?

I've seen that NSW has held successful GStar workshop weekends and now Qld has one coming.

What about me! or us! I have so much to learn about how to use my GStar-EX colour for both live view and capture. This would be an excellent way to learn. The workshops are described - "....hands-on use of the Gstar, lectures and image processing tutorials. Interested third parties are welcome."

Are there enough interested parties to see if we could do the same in Victoria? If so, we'd have to attract an interstate expert or two if we cannot find one locally?

Eric
Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Robert9 (Robert)

Hi Eric, Stony silence seems to be the stern reply.

Where would you consider having the workshop? Although you're calling it a GStar function, I feel, from your description of subjects to be covered, that it should be of interest to all budding astro-photographers.

Incidentally, why did you choose the GStar as opposed to, say, the Imaging Source or Meade DSI cameras? I'd be very interested to hear your selection criteria as I am in the process of making that decision.

Robert
Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 AM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Too far away for me, but get onto the GStar Users Group site and let them know there. There should be a few guys down your way that would be interested. Steve, if he's not too busy, might even fly down and lend a hand!!!.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
mill (Martin)
sword collector

I would be interested if only for the image processing etc
Old 13-06-2010, 06:56 PM
erick (Eric)
Starcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by renormalised View Post
Too far away for me, but get onto the GStar Users Group site and let them know there. There should be a few guys down your way that would be interested. Steve, if he's not too busy, might even fly down and lend a hand!!!.
Already on and already asked

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/gstar-users/
Old 13-06-2010, 06:58 PM
erick (Eric)
Starcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post

Incidentally, why did you choose the GStar as opposed to, say, the Imaging Source or Meade DSI cameras? I'd be very interested to hear your selection criteria as I am in the process of making that decision.
Nothing special. I wanted a colour liveview option for showing groups. This seemed the cheapest one.