Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2022, 04:55 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have reception

When I moved my van I lost reception..well I had places where I could send messages and make a phone calls around the paddock but not the usual sit in bed and bang away on iis and when on the net I have been concentrating on learning stuff not astronomy related.

I have got around the problem by placing my phone outside the van and hot spot on my tablet inside..in bed.

However I have developed new habits that does not see me on the net all day...at work by 7 am..if you are interested in my progress I have posted in the New Observstory post ( DIY observatory section) the little progress I have made.

I hope everyone is well and happy but as I have not even been visiting I dont know what has been going on..so forgive me if I have missed news important to you that you have posted.

Stay well stay safe

Alex
Old 12-02-2022, 06:29 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Great to hear from you again
I did post a comment in the DIY Observatory section
Cheers
Martin
Old 12-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Glad to hear you still going okay Alex. Take care of yourself.
Old 13-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Hemi

Welcome back to IIS Alex.
Old 13-02-2022, 09:28 AM
Miaplacidus (Brian)
He used to cut the grass.

Welcome back to the hive mind, Alex.
Old 14-02-2022, 06:06 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Good to know your active, Alex
Old 14-02-2022, 08:19 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks for all the kind words.

The reception is still a little problematic but I can manage...

All is going so good I just cant believe how good life is for me..I was so worried about my high blood pressure but happily it has come down over the last couple if days..and I think I know the problem..nit eating for two months saw me drop to a little under 10 stone and I thought as I got better and put in weight I would now be maybe 11 and a half..well today I weighed myself and found I am now a little over 13 stone..I would like to be 12 stone ..thats was my weight when racing..

And it seems that I am getting a little soft as I ordered a gas camp shower today and now I am feeling guilty wasting money like that....but not having to boil water on the stove will be the height of luxury living...

I have not had time to test the newly fitted focuser on the RASA or think about software.

I bought a horse bow and 12 good arrows to have an outdoor hobby and I have been too busy and only used once to see if all of it was worth the money...it was and although cheap I love it..I am not bad with a sighted bow but I thought a horse bow would be a challenge because you shoot from all angles with no sighting stuff...before I hop on the old horse however I am going to practice riding the mower and shooting from there...sure it will be slow but like playing guitar you start slow and speed comes with practice....all I have to do is set up some targets...
Thanks again
Alex
Old 16-02-2022, 08:59 AM
acropolite (Phil)

Alex, re the mobile reception, a Cel-Fi Go will boost your reception, I have one at the shack, the Telstra signal there was so weak as to be unusable, the Cel-Fi Go gives me full signal strength and my data speeds have gone from 1.5mb/s to over 30mb/s. There are 2 antennas one outdoor and another indoor and there are carrier specific models. They’re not cheap but they work very well, Telco Antennas seem to be around the cheapest.
Old 16-02-2022, 09:15 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Phil I will loook into that..
Alex
Old 17-02-2022, 09:21 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I looked into it and I can not bring myself to outlay that sort of money...
Happily, and I dont know why, the reception seems to be better ... I have found a spot where the phone picks up and with hot spoting I use my tablet to listen to music, watch youtube and stuff...for phone calls I go sit in one of the cars which I now park where I can get thru. ... And do emails there...
But not having it convenient for a time enabled me to change my habits and just get more done...