Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-04-2017, 12:20 PM
LaughingBeagles (Peter)

Sequence Generator Pro - Atik EFW2 Filter wheel not connecting

H All,

After the usual searching, chanting to Professor Google and the like, I found a post at Mainsequence that heads down the path I am looking for but unfortunately the thread was closed as it was thought to be "vendor bashing."

Anyhoo, my issue is the following:

Gear
Atik EFW2
Atik 383L+ Mono

Software

Win10 64 bit
Atik Filterwheelrunner (v 2.2.0.6)
Sequence Generator Pro (2.6.0.17)
ASCOM Drivers (6.3.0.2831)

Problem
Running the Atik Filterwheelrunner is no problem. Fires up, changes filters and runs smoothly.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20Correct.png

Setting up the filter wheel profile in SGP (Tools > Equipment Profile Manager > Filters) it does not recognise the filter wheel driver (looks to be the same version as the Atik bundled one):

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...er%20Issue.png

I've tried running both together and with the Atik Filterwheelrunner no running with no joy.

I bet it's something simple...

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete
Old 15-04-2017, 01:38 PM
glend (Glen)

Did you pick the filter wheel from the equipment list and connect before you tried to change the profile? I don't know about ATIk, but my QHY wheel has to be connected first before any changes to the filter definitions. You will need to make sure you have an ASCOM driver for that filter wheel. I would suspect you don't need a native filter wheel runner app, rather SGP runs it via the wheel ASCOM driver. ASCOM platform is not the wheel driver.
The ATIK website says: On the sofware side, the EFW2 has an ASCOM compliant driver, so that any compliant software can control it.
SGP is compliant software, hence you do not need the filter wheel runner app. By starting that you are blocking SGP from controlling it - would be my guess. Try it without starting the ATIK filter wheel app but make sure you have the ASCOM driver loaded for the filter wheel.
Old 15-04-2017, 01:50 PM
LaughingBeagles (Peter)

Oddly enough, it connects in the equipment list but not in the profile manager - no matter if I have it connected in the equipment list or not. I just know there will be one check box or something I haven't clicked, but just lost for a solution at the moment.