Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Spookyer (Brett)
Brett P

Pixinsight channel combination image size issue

Hello

I have been working on this bloody 2 panel mosaic for 4 nights now, making slow progress with the help of the internet and kindness of forum members like RickS who take pity on my feeble Pixinsight skills.

I have just tried to combine my merged Blue Green and Red panels together and I am getting the error message

"Incompatible source image dmensions"

When I check the image sizes all three are different by one pixel in either the height or width and my Lum image is as well. I really don't know how this happened given I used the Dynamic crop tool earlier in the process and dragged the process icon onto each image.

Anyway I don't know how to fix this. I tried a Star Alignment but it didn't seem to do anything. Looking at the dynamic crop tool you can specify a pixel size so I can make them all the same size but how do I make sure they all line up as well when I do this as I don't how they are offset?
Old 14-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Spookyer (Brett)
Brett P

Ok.. I just noticed the star alignment process has produced additional files in the directory with r on the end. I used these and I could combine without the error. So I will push on. I have never used Star alignment before because I only ever use the batch preprocessing script which looks after the alignment.
Old 14-04-2017, 09:15 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Glad you figured it out, Brett! You can also apply StarAlignment to an image window as well as a file which might have been slightly more convenient.

I save my DynamicCrop icons and use them to do the same crop on multiple images and I've never had it go wrong. Might be worth checking the image history to see if you can figure out what the problem was.

Good luck with the rest of your mosaic!

Cheers,
Rick.