Old 14-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Aussiesloth (Murray)

Smile Renewing my interest

Hello all well its been a while since I've dived back into astronomy back in the mid 90's I brought a 114 mm reflector scope the tube is great but the mount was crap, but I had wonderful time with it. So heading towards 50 I thought I might take next step and get a new scope after looking at hundreds of scopes and looking at my budget I settled for a Skywatcher Discovery 150. I wanted something with goto tech and something to photograph the planets and I thought and hope this was good choice but have not yet had the chance to take it for a spin yet as Perth is experiencing the wettest and coldest summer ever. Well that's a little about me looking forward to coming here and reading all the good advice and maybe share some of my own some day.
Old 15-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Kunama

Hello and welcome Murray,
There certainly is a lot of advice here. Mind you, sometimes there is a little chaff mixed with the wheat .....
Old 15-03-2017, 05:54 PM
SkyWatch (Dean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
Hello and welcome Murray,
There certainly is a lot of advice here. Mind you, sometimes there is a little chaff mixed with the wheat .....
That is just "roughage" Matt: it is supposed to be good for you!

Welcome back to the dark side Murray! I hope you get some viewing soon: there is ALWAYS the cloud curse when you buy a new scope! You should have a lot of fun with that scope and get some nice views.

All the best,

Dean
Old 04-04-2017, 05:29 AM
AEAJR (Ed)

Welcome!

If you can find some clear sky Jupiter should be at its closest approach this week.