ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Tasastro (Bill)

Celestron CPC800 XLT GPS and HD Pro Wedge

I have regretfully but definitely decided to part with my CPC800. It is a superb scope but somewhat awkward to set up and I have two Russian Maks that get used much more.

I am the second owner and it is in excellent condition in every way. OTA has XLT coatings and is Fastar compatible, optical quality is in my opinion well above average with very little spherical aberration and easily resolves six stars in theta orionis. I made collimation knobs for it, which can be seen in the photographs.

Finder scope is a Celestron 9x50 RACI with a red dot piggybacked on a custom fitting I made. It works superbly and I am tempted to keep it but will let it go if a buyer turns up promptly. Also comes with the original 9x50 straight through finder.

Included is the original 1.25" diagonal and a 40mm Plossl - the GSO diagonal shown in the photos is not included. Power cord and connectors but no power supply.

Wedge is an HD Pro with modifications to make fitting the scope much easier.

Price for the complete setup is $1450 Firm. I am reluctant to separate but might sell the wedge separately depending on interest shown.

A Tasmanian buyer can pick up from Burnie or I might be able to deliver depending on location.

I will consider freighting interstate by courier. Total cost will obviously depend on destination but an example would be about $300 for to a depot in Sydney, about 10% more to your door.

Interstate buyers also might consider a short holiday in Tas. - ferry fares are cheap this time of year and Devonport is not far from Burnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1_.jpg)
132.9 KB64 views
Click for full-size image (2_.jpg)
154.1 KB64 views
Click for full-size image (3_.jpg)
187.6 KB51 views
Click for full-size image (4_.jpg)
157.6 KB52 views
Click for full-size image (5_.jpg)
143.2 KB48 views

Last edited by Tasastro; 28-05-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: clarification, change of courier cost,