Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 15-04-2018, 05:41 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Meridian flip and guiding in one direction

Is it possible to use the meridian flip option in SGP/PHD2 for mounts where DEC guiding is only in one direction?

I usually keep the DEC polar alignment slightly off and then guide in only in one direction for DEC (on NEQ6) to avoid the backlash problems. After a manual meridian flip I have to manually change the direction of the DEC guiding, for example from N to S (or the other way around).

Last two nights I tried automatic meridian flip with SGP and PHD2. After the flip the DEC drifted one way while the PHD was set to do the corrections the other way. The result was that the SGP stopped the sequence while waiting for the guide star to get centered which of course never happened.

The night before I tried the option "Reverse DEC output after meridian flip" in PHD2 but that did not work either. I don't think that is needed with the EQASCOM which handles the meridian changes automatically.

To summarise, how to do automatic meridian flips when the DEC guiding is in one direction only?

Thanks in advance
Luka