Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 12-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Grus Doublet; NGC 7552, 7582

Although the framing could have been much better, this was mostly a test image taken over two nights to see if it was even worthwhile attempting galaxy imaging in a bottle 6 backyard. With a little over 10 hours of exposures and approaching 900 subs, it's possible but not really worth the effort. It doesn't take too much to hit the point of no return under bright moonlit skies.

High Res Link

It's worth checking out the higher res version to see the galaxy clusters scattered throughout the field. I do feel that one 1-2 hours under dark moonless skies would yield a far more contrasty image than this but I was curious about what could be done
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC 7552.jpg)
176.0 KB43 views
Old 12-08-2020, 12:33 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

A good and worthwhile experiment, with a clear goal and a clear result.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:48 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Yeah worthwhile experiment and surprisingly good result Col ....actually, I shouldn't really be that surprised, been a few shots posted in recent times taken from suburban city skies, that have looked pretty respectable ...Andy is gunna absolutely hammer you on the composition though mate

Mike
Old 12-08-2020, 02:06 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Top shot Colin. Really well done actually. Love those deep fields with faint fuzzies. I wish I could do a field like that.
Old 15-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
A good and worthwhile experiment, with a clear goal and a clear result.
Thanks M&T. Goal achieved, not trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah worthwhile experiment and surprisingly good result Col ....actually, I shouldn't really be that surprised, been a few shots posted in recent times taken from suburban city skies, that have looked pretty respectable ...Andy is gunna absolutely hammer you on the composition though mate

Mike
There have been a few shots taken lately from suburbia that have come out really well. I attempted NGC 6559 recently and it wasn’t worth posting Don’t know how some of the other city dwellers managed to get anything but they do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Top shot Colin. Really well done actually. Love those deep fields with faint fuzzies. I wish I could do a field like that.
I’ve only attempted this type of galaxy image once under dark skies with a OSC and going wide field. There was SO MANY STARS that the galaxies got lost