Old 28-05-2018, 01:15 PM
ghusko (Gordon)

Meade nebular filter #07524

Hey Peeps,
was thinking of getting one of these that screw into the back of an SCT which as stated covert the OTA into a basic Nebular mode.

Meade Nebular filter 07524 if you need to google it...

Question is do I need anything special to then use my 2" diagonal when it arrives and are there any disadvantages using this with a 2" diagonal when the clear aperture of the filter is 31mm.

Your advice and thoughts are appreciated.
Old 29-05-2018, 05:38 PM
astro744

I think the clear aperture us 36mm which is still a little less than the rear opening of the SCT so there will be a little vignetting but perhaps not perceivable.

This filter has female SCT thread on one side and male SCT thread on the other. You screw the filter onto the rear male SCT thread of the tube assembly (telescope). You thread your visual back, whether 2" or 1.25" onto the female SCT thread of the filter. The diagonal goes into the visual back. You can get a SCT diagonal that would screw straight onto the filter or telescope but you cannot use this type on a refractor should you ever get one.

This filter cannot be screwed onto a standard diagonal. This filter is broadband so it will have a mild impact on contrast but as I have not ever used this type in any format I cannot comment on its effectiveness.
Old 29-05-2018, 06:27 PM
ghusko (Gordon)

Thanks Astro much appreciated