Old 14-05-2019, 12:08 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Vixen VMC260L

Hi all,

Absolutely KILLS ME to do this

I purchased a Vixen VMC260L after a case a aperture fever. Drop dead gorgeous instrument! My single arm modified 1100 CPC mount takes it without a whimper (mount not included in sale). But this scope I've now found to be just too big for me,

I need to set it up and take it down every time I use it, and for me this is an issue, and I don't have room in my Man Cave to keep it either - and there is no hope in Hell I could keep it in the house because of SWMBO!

This is not a Maksutov as Vixen says. Maksutovs are a very exact scope design, like a Newtonian, SCT, etc. This scope is a Klevtsov cassegrain. I can only imagine Vixen called it a "Maksutov" as a PR thing as who knows what a Klevtsov scope is, right?

Anyways, this is a lovely scope. Compared it with a 10" Meade side by side and it was no contest. This Vixen gave a brighter, more contrasty image, and showed much fainter stars and details. Weighs considerably less too.

The Sirius Pup was no problem for this Vixen. No chance with the Meade.

This scope comes with a Baader clicklock 2" visual back in addition to the standard Vixen visual back. It has a Vixen style dovetail plate fitted, but also includes a Losmandy style plate too. Dust caps. No finder is included, but I can throw in a little red dot finder if you want as that's all I've been using and needed. Also includes manual.

Asking $2900, pick up. SOLD

Scope comes double boxed so I can ship it too, of course as purchaser's expense. I can provide dimensions and weight for this purpose.

Thanks for looking,

Alex.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (4).JPG)
123.2 KB172 views
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (1).JPG)
198.4 KB157 views
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (5).JPG)
185.6 KB156 views
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (7).JPG)
128.9 KB142 views
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (9).JPG)
102.7 KB133 views
Click for full-size image (Vixen VMC260L (6).JPG)
99.6 KB137 views

Last edited by mental4astro; 15-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 01:01 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Do not confuse this scope with its smaller brother, the VMC200L. The vanes of the 200 are a casting, so they are some 3 or 4mm thick. The vanes of the VMC260L are made from sheet metal, and approx 1.25mm thick. As a result you cannot compare the performance of the 200 with that of the 260, nor make assumptions that the 260 performs the same as the 200.

Also, the VMC is a different optical system to the VC.

Alex.
Old 14-05-2019, 05:41 PM
MortonBay (Jurgen)

Vixen VMC260L

Pm sent