Old 22-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

EQ Mount

Having been forced to put my AZEQ6 up on the market due to continuing ill health & being unable to manage the weight of it I am now on the lookout for a replacement EQ mount that won't break my back whilst still allowing me to do some Astrophotography....

My AP rig largely stays under 10kg & I have no plans to upsize in the future as it is very much a side hobby to my main passion which is visual observing.

Mount must be useable in the 10 - 17 degree latitude range & either already have or be upgradeable to a dual Losmandy/Vixen saddle.

Mounts that immediately come to mind include:

Ioptron CEM25P
Ioptron CEM40
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro
Celestron Advanced VX (although, not sure about the reliability of this mount)
Losmandy GM8G

There may be others out there that I have not considered & I am certainly open to advice/offers

I don't want to spend a fortune (can't afford to anyway) but, if anyone has a relatively lightweight EQ mount they are considering selling then please contact me to discuss.

Thankyou in anticipation of a flood of offers...

Last edited by Outcast; 26-07-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 23-07-2020, 12:08 PM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Having been forced to put my AZEQ6 up on the market due to continuing ill health & being unable to manage the weight of it I am now on the lookout for a replacement EQ mount that won't break my back whilst still allowing me to do some Astrophotography....

My AP rig largely stays under 10kg & I have no plans to upsize in the future as it is very much a side hobby to my main passion which is visual observing.

Mount must be useable in the 10 - 17 degree latitude range & either already have or be upgradeable to a dual Losmandy/Vixen saddle.

Mounts that immediately come to mind include:

Ioptron CEM25P
Ioptron CEM40
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro
Celestron Advanced VX (although, not sure about the reliability of this mount)
Losmandy GM8G

There may be others out there that I have not considered & I am certainly open to advice/offers

I don't want to spend a fortune (can't afford to anyway) but, if anyone has a relatively lightweight EQ mount they are considering selling then please contact me to discuss.

Thankyou in anticipation of a flood of offers...
I have a Skyview Pro EQ5 mount, I will sell without a tripod -- Dont have a tripod with it.

It has two motors fitted, but no control box. Bintel sells control box with motors for $199.

Bintel told me that these were not sold in Australia.
Old 23-07-2020, 09:58 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
I have a Skyview Pro EQ5 mount, I will sell without a tripod -- Dont have a tripod with it.

It has two motors fitted, but no control box. Bintel sells control box with motors for $199.

Bintel told me that these were not sold in Australia.
Thanks John but, not quite what I was looking for...

Cheers