Old 20-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Yoddha

The site was moved on new a hosting. I hope that it will be faster and most importantly more relayable! The new address must be accessible worldwide in few hours.

I'll be happy to hear you experience with the new server!

BTW after more than 24h webhost4life.com place is still broken?!?! Can't believe that I had paid for this so called "service"...

Last edited by Yoddha; 20-08-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 20-08-2010, 08:16 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoddha View Post
BTW after more than 24h webhost4life.com place is still broken?!?! Can't believe that I had paid for this so called "service"...
They must be an Australian business then...
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Yoddha

Some news from the kitchen. I have success with Temper and TemperHUM sensors Both are fully supported by APT now. v1.10 shows temperature, humidity and dew point (last two needs TemperHum sensor)

The registered version has more goodies - refocusing notifications and notification for closing and passed dew point. In the settings dialog you can set the temperature change that forces refocusing, and how many degrees before dew point to notify.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01_s.gif
Views:	86
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	81515

You can see an animation that shows how refocusing alert works. First you set Focus Mark (with simple click on the F button). When the temperature pass half of the limit then T: becomes flashing to show that soon you have to refocus. When the limit is passed then T: becomes bright red

If the work continue with this rate we will have new version before the end of September
Old 15-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Yoddha

I'm sorry to say it, but just found that the new automatic mirror lock enabling/disabling feature is provoking problems especially with Digic 4 cameras (500D and 550D for sure)

While the new version 1.10 is done, a fix for the unregistered version can be found here. http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Beta.zip

All registered users can contact me at any time and will send them the fix for the registered version.

A lot of apologies for the inconvenience!!!
Old 19-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Yoddha

News around APT! The new version is closing more and more... And I just created a Yahoo group that can be used as additional way to get support, to get news, to give suggestions, to share thoughts and images taken with APT.

Everybody is welcome!

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astroplace/
Old 19-09-2010, 10:59 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Very interesting software - will give it a go once the clouds dissappear!

One thing I might suggest, fairly advanced. If a user has queued a long group of shots - it would be great if the software could detect if clouds have rolled in - making the shots pretty much all white - and halting the stream of shots until the clouds pass (say doing a loop of 1 minute shots) until after a maxium user set time the clouds go away or you alert the user all is not well and abort the imaging run.

I envisage a control stream during a imaging run like:

after each shot check for a cloud filled shot. If nothing - go on with the run. But if clouds are detected:

1. Warn the user (in case like me they aren't in the astro lab nor even near the remote control PC) with a loud bleep

2. Loop a seires of 1-2 minute shots for a user defined period of time to see if the clouds quickly pass. If so - resume the imaging run. If not - abort the run and execute a user define function - like signaling the user - here comes rain - put away your gear!

I often image remotely, even an alert - a loud bleep or something that the shot was all coulds would call me back to the PC. It would be nice if the imaging control software could pause a series of shots when it detected clouds.

Matthew
Old 19-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Yoddha

Hi Matthew,

This interesting and challenging (at least for me) idea. Definitely I like it and will include it in my requests list, which means that somewhere in time it will be implemented
Old 20-09-2010, 11:32 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Just managed some live view recordings from APT, am quite pleased with the results.

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...237#post637237
Old 21-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Yoddha

Great images, Malcolm! It is real satisfaction to see that APT can be in help
Old 21-09-2010, 08:32 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

I believe with the right gear I should be able to acheive some really large shots. Once my mount is complete I will change from a 3 x Barlow to a 5 x Powermate but first thing is to improve the smoothness of the EQ platform. Waiting for the right parts.

I also managed to test my light weight improved shroud which was the major cause of all my eronious glare.

One thing I noticed though is the power consumtion is really high on live view so unable to take long sequence of images. I am even using a double canon battery pack too. Fortunately I am in the plan of modifying the accessory battery pack to take a 12V input from my gear.
Old 24-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Yoddha

Good news! The development of the new features is done! Now it is time to test,
fix the bugs, change the doc, site and etc.

Next week we will have a new version!

Did I mention the new yahoo group http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astroplace/
Old 25-09-2010, 09:10 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Cool Banana
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Yoddha

As usual I’m happy to announce the new version of APT Here is what took a place in it:

2010/9/30 - v.1.10 New features and bug fixes
-Added: Support for Temper and TemperHUM sensors
-Added: Dew point closing and passing notifications (in FULL version only)
-Added: Need to refocus notification (in FULL version only)
-Added: selection between Celsius and Fahrenheit (in FULL version only)
-Added: Automatic image suffixes can include the current temperature (in FULL version only)
-Added: RAW only mode - no image preview yet
-Added: Stop exposure in plan greater than 1s with the Stop button
-Added: "PC only" mode save the images with base names 0001, 0002...
-Added: Image preview in minimized mode to cooperate with guiding software
-Added: Default focal length (in FULL version only)
-Added: Corrected image (right orientation) in Preview and LiveView by
flipping the image horizontally and vertically
-Added: Sharpening and Negative effects in Preview and LiveView (in FULL version only)
-Updated: User's Guide document (the new things are in green)
-Removed: Automatic mirror lock custom function enabling/disabling is removed for all cameras except 1000D
-Removed: Custom image quality option.
-Fixed: Other small bugs.

Since this version there is small change in the version numbering – 1.10, 1.20 and any version with last digit “0” will mark the current stable version. Numbers like 1.11, 1.12 where the last digit is not “0” will mark the beta versions. The site will be updated to allow downloading registered and unregistered beta versions. I hope that there will be interest to try the new features and to help to test APT with more EOS models and to make it better. I want to say big “Thank you!” to everybody that were and are helping so far!

On the home page are listed some of the planned features for v1.20. There will be a focus on polishing the things we already have, but there will be some new things too On first place the extraction of the EXIF temperature data.

Please let me post this link again. It is the Yahoo group related to APT - http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astroplace/

And last, this Saturday I’ll be out of the town so will be slow on responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Thanks Ivo.

Looks like lots of new features. I'll be trying some hopefully tonight (insert optimistic grin here)!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Nice features, have some more images to post later. cool
Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Yoddha

Have fun with it!
Old 20-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Yoddha

Some APT news

The next version is closing and will be loaded with more features RAW Exif Temperature reading, Histogram, White Balance control and several things that have to test under the sky before I announce them
Old 20-10-2010, 05:05 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

White balance, beautiful can't wait for that.
Old 20-10-2010, 05:06 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Thanks Yoddah.

Just ordered a TEMPerHum. Hopefully to tell me when to re-focus.

Looking forward to using this feature.
Old 20-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Yoddha

Malcolm, the plans are next week to put a beta version on the site and then to release the official one in the first week of November.

Wasyoungonce, the sensor gives very handy possibilities definitely don't regret for buying it and implementing the support in APT. I don't think that we can get other solution that offers refocusing and closing dew point notifications at even close price