Old 06-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

Do it in the dark

Yes. Turn off all the lights.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/this-...1scw.html?btis
Old 06-06-2019, 09:21 AM
leon

Thanks Ray, However in this day and age that will probably never happen, most go to bed with their phones in their face for extended periods of time.

I actually don't like total darkness, and go to bed with the curtains always open, and any light may it be a street light or the Moon and Stars, filter into the room.

I always get up before Dawn and see the Sun rise if it is a clear day.

Leon
Old 07-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

I can understand liking a little night light when sleeping. The stars and the moon often provide a lot of light and if you live in Europe like one of my kids,( or winter over in Antarctica ) lack of light is a real health hazard.

However , looking at a screen late in the night is the worst thing you can do for sleep hygiene as the doctors call it. Ha. I read a book instead.

My neighbours are very considerate and turn off their outside lights but the there is always someone with a 150 watt flood light that comes on to light up every possum , cat and passerby.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:03 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Thanks Ray, However in this day and age that will probably never happen, most go to bed with their phones in their face for extended periods of time.

I actually don't like total darkness, and go to bed with the curtains always open, and any light may it be a street light or the Moon and Stars, filter into the room.

I always get up before Dawn and see the Sun rise if it is a clear day.

Leon

I'm guilty of that..... reading Wikipedia articles puts me right out. Next thing I know it is 5:30am and time to get up for work in the polar cold

I love having some moonlight or street light shining inside at night, I just find it atmospheric and gives me happiness for some reason.