Old 25-04-2019, 04:39 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Six hundred and fifty quid at first look...I shudder to do the currency conversion...
Alex
Is that for the high speed (f2 filters)? I am seeing $984 USD for the Baader F2 set of three narrowband filters to suit the RASA 8 (at Opt Corp and Agena Astro).
So what's that, $1400 AUD at today's rate. Then you need to add GST plus shipping to that as well. Might be cheaper at Teleskop-express but not much.
Old 25-04-2019, 06:53 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Yeh so double my initial guess that is the way it goes as you end up paying twice as much when you look into it..so whats that scope $3800 say filters plus $1400 ..the number have got too high to comprehend. .. the challenge would be to get it working for five grand unless I am over looking something....why not cheap at twice the price☺
Still the little 80mm and high gain settings I am already getting more than I thought a f2 could produce really...I mean I think I have gone up to five minutes but those never made the stacking stage but one minute is where most are and it amazes me what you get ..even ha..I thought you needed really long exposuted to get something but to find I can get more than I am happy with is a good day.
I have a 12 inch thats not going anywhere should make a 2.8 with it...if it worked that would be cool ..I am thinking forget the secondary build a three stutt rig to hold the camera☺ a concave lens in front of the sensor should fix coma.
Alex
Old 25-04-2019, 07:41 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Yeh so double my initial guess that is the way it goes as you end up paying twice as much when you look into it..so whats that scope $3800 say filters plus $1400 ..the number have got too high to comprehend. .. the challenge would be to get it working for five grand unless I am over looking something....why not cheap at twice the price☺
Still the little 80mm and high gain settings I am already getting more than I thought a f2 could produce really...I mean I think I have gone up to five minutes but those never made the stacking stage but one minute is where most are and it amazes me what you get ..even ha..I thought you needed really long exposuted to get something but to find I can get more than I am happy with is a good day.
I have a 12 inch thats not going anywhere should make a 2.8 with it...if it worked that would be cool ..I am thinking forget the secondary build a three stutt rig to hold the camera☺ a concave lens in front of the sensor should fix coma.
Alex
Bintel has the RASA 8" listed as $2700 AUD with GST inclusive.
Old 26-04-2019, 03:05 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Yes I saw it there and wrote the price down wrong above...so its all cheaper than I thought ... so down to about four grand... $80 for one in a year $160 a week get it in six months $320 a week and get one in the next batch☺.
Alex
Old 26-04-2019, 05:55 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

The videos I have seen of Dylan O'Donnell using his, he is guiding it but he is using one of those tiny little guidescopes that just about fit in the palm of your hand.
Old 26-04-2019, 07:35 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have to stop thinking about it and settle down but I have been fascinated by the approach well before this scope hit the deck.
The more I think about it the more I like the idea..big app short fl managable stock electric focuser and it looks wonderful.
And what would you buy at similar money..a 120 refractor I expect (including filters)..and you could think the RASA may out do the 120.
I dare not walk into Bintel at the moment as I think I would lay down a deposit.
I really think I could run it unguided assuming 60 second captures would do the job.
Sigh.
Alex