Old 19-03-2010, 10:37 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Hood for 17-55 F2.8,which one

HI

I have some money put aside,to buy some gear,I may be buying a mount and goto,just waiting for the dession of current owner.If this does'nt go ahead,I will be using the funds for a Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS lens.

If that happens,I need to buy a hood for it,what is the opinion of owners of this lens-as to which one,I see there are 'Knock off' ones as well as canon ones,Also just wondering how owners of this lens have found it.

My reserch tells me,everyone is happy with the image quality,-very close to L quality,although the build quality a little lacking,Over all sounds like a good close range work lens,and good for widefield.

Ok,thanks for your time,Chris
Old 19-03-2010, 01:02 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Think you already know my opinion of this lens - it's the best walkaround zoom lens for a crop Canon. Simple.

Re: hoods - I got a 3rd party one off eBay. No dramas, does the job, and a lot cheaper than the genuine Canon brand one. Not quite the same quality, but hey, all you're after is something to protect the front of your lens and block stray light. It doesn't have that felt stuff on the inside like the Canon ones do either, but doesn't seem to be an issue.