Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 27-03-2016, 05:55 PM
andrew_d_cool (Andrew)

SkippyFoV : New animated Field of view Calculator

Hello All,

I’ve often used Ron Wodaski’s 2001 vintage CCD Calculator to see how an object will appear in a camera stuck on a scope.

But after 15 years advancement in computing power, I figured it could do with a facelift.

Enter SkippyFoV, which uses sliders to adjust the various parameters that determine Field Of View, and provides a real time animated image using genuine photos to show how your scope/camera will view the object.

Download SkippyFoV from http://www.cool.id.au/SkippyFoV/

The animation of the graphics as you move the sliders is smooth on my desktop PC., and any modern computer shoudl handle it well. How it fares on someone’s 2004 vintage laptop running XP, I know not.

SkippyFoV is not installed into the Registry. Just unzip the file into a directory of your own making, e.g. C:\SkippyFoV, and run the SkippyFoV.exe file.

The image scale, width FoV and Height FoV sliders are “output” only, and it could well be argued that they should be removed, leaving just text fields for those values. (next version, perhaps...)

Constructive suggestions welcome.

Enjoy,

Andrew Cool
www.skippysky.com.au