Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

mid winters milkyway

Hello all,

This one was taken right in Albany near the Anzac Peace Park on the Jetty. I'm really liking the colours in the water and framing of the Southern Cross at the end of the jetty. The RAW image looked pretty awe-full with light pollution gradients... being taken at the bottom of the main street of a town with a population of some 30000 people.

A panorama taken with a Full Spectrum modified Sony A7s.
IDAS HEUIB-II MFA filter
Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art lens.
Sky, tracked: 30sec, f2, ISO 1600
Various exposures and focal points to exposure blend and focus stack the jetty.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (anzac-jetty.jpg)
199.8 KB69 views
Old 12-10-2017, 05:22 AM
JA

Fantastic result and esp. range of colour

Best
JA
Old 12-10-2017, 07:09 AM
gregbradley

Superb Josh. Possibly the best MW nightscape ever seen on this site and there have been some good ones. Very advanced technique there. Did you use a Photoshop plugin to blend the focus stack?

Greg.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:21 AM
matt34 (Matt)

Again awesome colour in the milky way, roughly how many images are you stacking per panel?

For me and white balance is a personal preference thing, I would like the sky outside of the milky way a little darker/blacker, it is a bit pink for my personal taste and then that plus the green in the water I fine distracting (which is strange as they are complementary colours

Again top effort, I was around in busselton 2 years back and got some nice shots over there near sugarloaf and around, but watch out for roos I managed to hit one in the hire car and it was an expensive holiday
Old 12-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Fantastic result and esp. range of colour

Best
JA
Thankyou JA, yes I like the colours aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Superb Josh. Possibly the best MW nightscape ever seen on this site and there have been some good ones. Very advanced technique there. Did you use a Photoshop plugin to blend the focus stack?

Greg.
Thankyou Greg, really appreciate your support! not a plugin as such, just the blend images command in CS6... but i had to do some prior selection to get it to include/exclude what i wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt34 View Post
Again awesome colour in the milky way, roughly how many images are you stacking per panel?

For me and white balance is a personal preference thing, I would like the sky outside of the milky way a little darker/blacker, it is a bit pink for my personal taste and then that plus the green in the water I fine distracting (which is strange as they are complementary colours

Again top effort, I was around in busselton 2 years back and got some nice shots over there near sugarloaf and around, but watch out for roos I managed to hit one in the hire car and it was an expensive holiday
Cheers Matt, only 1 30 sec sub per panel in this panorama. I appreciate what you are saying re. the pink... it is a little that way.
ohhh... accidents in hire cars are costly!