Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 27-06-2017, 03:17 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Ok just another Bright One

Hi guys

Yep,just another Triffid....nothing to write home about....had lots of trouble with flats and LP but hey,the fact that we can still shoot colour from Sydney
is remarkable.....skies suck so much here.

Details:

Exposure: 20 HRS_Ha/Hal/HaR/RGB

Seeing: absolute crap!

Location: Padstow


Telescope: RC10

Mount: MX+

Camera: SXVRH16

Guide: ONAG/ASI 174

Software: AA5/CC

http://tinyurl.com/y8ue8a2n

Feel free to kick It around....I would
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Marke's Avatar
Marke (Mark)
Registered User

Marke is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,193
That's a lot of data Louie nice detail in the dark lanes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Atmos's Avatar
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Atmos is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,422
It has that lovely 3D appeal Nicely done!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-06-2017, 03:59 PM
gregbradley's Avatar
gregbradley
Registered User

gregbradley is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 15,618
Gee whiz after all the talking it down I expected something horrible. That is quite respectable Louie

Its nothing that Marc couldn't reprocess and tart up a bit hehehhe

Greg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-06-2017, 04:39 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hinchinbrook
Posts: 18,410
Cool shot. Having said that what are you doing out imaging with the jetstream at 100kt? That'll teach you!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Slawomir's Avatar
Slawomir (Suavi)
Amateur Photon Collector

Slawomir is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Proserpine
Posts: 3,040
A great shot and beautiful colours. Top shelf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-06-2017, 05:54 PM
ColeKelsey's Avatar
ColeKelsey (Cole)
Registered User

ColeKelsey is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: USA, PA
Posts: 1
Impressive in every possible way! Thanks for sharing! There's a big number of online pokies available today. I play free pokies online with free spins at pokiestar.com for my own pleasure. So much for a fine life, huh? No heavy losses at all!

Last edited by ColeKelsey; 29-06-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Placidus is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Euchareena, NSW
Posts: 3,161
In terms of sharpness and depth, that is a spectacular shot. The Herbig-Haro jet and the evaporative gaseous globule next to it are both very clear. The reflection nebula has come out beautifully. The four stars on the tip of the pussy-cat's nose (dead centre of the trifid) are nicely resolved, and the brighter of the two central ones is starting to elongate.

Our only query is if the colour balance might be a tad too blue. It is a very blue area, and we're used to seeing it in NB, so perhaps it's really fine.

Best,
Mike and Trish
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27-06-2017, 06:49 PM
alpal's Avatar
alpal
Registered User

alpal is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,852
Hi Louie,
it looks great to me -
in fact that's amazing from light polluted Sydney.

cheers
Allan
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-06-2017, 07:09 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Mark,Colin,Greg,Marc,Suavi,Cole,Mik e&Trish and Al....thanks for the feedback guys....much appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27-06-2017, 07:12 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
In terms of sharpness and depth, that is a spectacular shot. The Herbig-Haro jet and the evaporative gaseous globule next to it are both very clear. The reflection nebula has come out beautifully. The four stars on the tip of the pussy-cat's nose (dead centre of the trifid) are nicely resolved, and the brighter of the two central ones is starting to elongate.

Our only query is if the colour balance might be a tad too blue. It is a very blue area, and we're used to seeing it in NB, so perhaps it's really fine.

Best,
Mike and Trish
Mike...thanks very much for that...you were right on the money!!!some slight adjustments led to much better contrast as well
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27-06-2017, 07:15 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Gee whiz after all the talking it down I expected something horrible. That is quite respectable Louie

Its nothing that Marc couldn't reprocess and tart up a bit hehehhe

Greg
Only If he uses mask Greg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27-06-2017, 07:20 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Cool shot. Having said that what are you doing out imaging with the jetstream at 100kt? That'll teach you!
Some of us just don't learn mate

ps. We must be due for a Thee Swallows meet by now....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27-06-2017, 07:26 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
Hi Louie,
it looks great to me -
in fact that's amazing from light polluted Sydney.

cheers
Allan
Al yes,It's amazing you can still shoot RGB & Lum from Sydney at all I think....I guess If you keep colour exposures down and collect enough signal It's doable....just.

Still,you'll never ever get the depth that a dark site will provide....better than nothing though
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27-06-2017, 10:54 PM
strongmanmike's Avatar
strongmanmike (Michael)
Woohoo it's clear

strongmanmike is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canberra
Posts: 14,863
Yeah not too bad really Louie has all the basics, the seeing clearly wasn't on your side...makes a lot of difference to the final product. Was the seeing bad for the whole 20hrs?...man that sucks

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Retrograde's Avatar
Retrograde (Pete)
a.k.a. @AstroscapePete

Retrograde is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,041
Very nice Louie - especially considering the light pollution and bad seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28-06-2017, 04:26 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah not too bad really Louie has all the basics, the seeing clearly wasn't on your side...makes a lot of difference to the final product. Was the seeing bad for the whole 20hrs?...man that sucks

Mike

Yeah thanks Mike....lot easier shooting with the FSQ which didn't care too much about the seeing...still,more fun with the RC.

April's 6 hrs of luminance was the good data coming in at 1.76" to 2.49" as read by CCD Inspector.

That saved this image I think.....all the rest came in at 2.5" to 4.5" but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles couldn't care less to tell you the truth....just do this for fun
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28-06-2017, 04:29 PM
atalas's Avatar
atalas
Registered User

atalas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
Very nice Louie - especially considering the light pollution and bad seeing.
Thanks Pete!

yeah,It's shoot in LP or don't shoot at all for me
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,470
That's pretty reasonable Louie given the poor seeing. Seeing is always king.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28-06-2017, 07:35 PM
alpal's Avatar
alpal
Registered User

alpal is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by atalas View Post
Yeah thanks Mike....lot easier shooting with the FSQ which didn't care too much about the seeing...still,more fun with the RC.

April's 6 hrs of luminance was the good data coming in at 1.76" to 2.49" as read by CCD Inspector.

That saved this image I think.....all the rest came in at 2.5" to 4.5" but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles couldn't care less to tell you the truth....just do this for fun

Hi Louie,
1.76" to 2.49"

That's very good seeing.
The lowest I've ever measured in Melbourne was 2" & that was with an Ha filter.
Some nights it's been 6" & I've shut down the telescope.

You've split all those stars at the bright center.
Not many people do that.

cheers
Allan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Celestron RASA
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Star Adventurer
Advertisement
Astromechanics
Advertisement
EQ8-R
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement