View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 01:33 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Here's an RGB and an IR/LUM blend. Response of the camera in IR is certainly a lot better than my QHY9. These are 12x5min in IR and 27x2min in color. It would have taken me a lot more integration time to get the noise down. Although it's perfect for planetary the pixel size and the field are too small for that FL (~2.6m) but on my FSQ at prime I should get an image scale of ~1asp and a really nice field, not too tight, not too wide. That will be my next test.
I did some IR on the flame the other night then slew to the horse head. The SNR was so bad on the HH that I didn't get much at all even after 12x900s.

These are 15x600s with an FSQ106N at 540mm FL. So it is a fast scope. Captured in Neb4. The camera is very noisy for long exposures as it is uncooled. I don't think if it's practical to do IR with it. Lot of walking noise as in uncooled DSLRs. Ambient temperature was around 19c. Camera temp as registered in ASCOM was 29c. Maybe if they do a cooled version of that SONY sensor one day it will be a viable IR camera.

The crop is stacked as is.

The full field was calibrated with darks which helped with walking noise mostly due to hot pixels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (flame_IR_FSQ160N_ASI462MC.jpg)
59.9 KB61 views
Click for full-size image (flame_IR_FSQ160N_ASI462MC_sf.jpg)
198.1 KB55 views