View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 04:56 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_ View Post
It is possible to change the offset on ZWO cameras with the ASCOM driver (at least with my 533 it is) and I am fairly sure the same is possible with the native ZWO driver, but I don't use that. The default 'unity gain' settings of 100 gain 70 offset on the 533 deliver a minimum ADU of around 2500(ish) whilst lowering offset to 20 brings the minimum ADU down to around 620. I have not yet established whether this makes any real world difference to imaging.
Correct. There is an offset setting available in the ASCOM driver as well in Neb4 for the 462MC but not the older 120MM so I guess it depends on the camera. Using the 462MC as an ASCOM camera is not a show stopper because I don't need a fast frame rate for deepsky. It was only an issue for planetary. I've also noticed that ASCOM doesn't seem to return a value to Neb4 when the exposure is finished so if you set an interval of X seconds delay in between takes it doesn't read it. I have to experiment a little more but for now I would assume pausing guiding or dithering with PHD doesn't work either.