View Single Post
Old 22-08-2007, 08:39 PM
silvinator
Lady Post-a-holic

Hi all,

I'm really looking forward to this as well. It will be my first total eclipse ever.

Mike, your article is really informative. I will be giving the link to BHS members shortly after I finalise the details of the observing event I'm organising for the society. I am hoping to be able to set-up at Regatta Point in Canberra. IIS members are more than welcome to join us on the night The more the merrier.

Just a quick question: is it best to catch the very start of the eclipse (ie. the penumbral part) or should I organise the observing to begin just before the partial eclipse starts, or wait until the total eclipse starts? I am just worried that some people (not me of course) would get bored waiting around for the moon to be covered. They may not want to stay for the full duration of the eclipse or maybe they cannot stay for the whole eclipse (due to other committments, work/uni the next day, needing sleep etc). So I was thinking I should start the event at 7pm some time or maybe 7:30pm. Any advice?

Clear skies,
Silvie