View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Paul
Astrophotography can definitely put a dent in your hip pocket but your back up and running which is positive
Lovely image there from your inner City location especially with heavy light pollution and the moon ( I reckon there’s so much more detail to pull out of your data considering the brightness of Carina and your integration time)
Focus looks ok to me
I can’t see how longer focal length scopes and longer exposures will mitigate light pollution and sky glow to an acceptable level without sacrificing something, especially in your location. The only way to isolate all that bad signal is with narrowband filters or light pollution filters to some degree
Can I suggest ( take it with a grain of salt if you wish ) you look into a OSC Duoband filter for your 2600MC camera ( the camera will thank you for it )
I’ve been using my ZWO 2” Duoband with the 2600MC for the past 8 months and its been excellent, I shot 18min in M42 a while back and the detail was incredible for such a short integration. I could never had the same detail shooting broadband RGB
I recently purchased an Optolong L Extreme filter and it’s a quantum leap from the ZWO Duoband
I posted my first light with the L Extreme on Carina in Deep Space section ( first time after nearly 4 years in the beginner section ) received some nice reply’s and some things to review
These OSC narrowband filters really work and work well , the more data you can capture the better they perform
Still a great effort
Well done !
Martin