View Single Post
Old 27-07-2016, 08:06 AM
glend (Glen)

Sorry, those shots were simply put there to demonstrate the relative gain performance as I see it in single sub captures; my processing inadequacies will always be there. As far as the optimal sub lengths and Gain is concerned, for me, it hinges more on the "economies of time" and the complexities and computer memory and storage needs of stacking say 1000 subs. I would rather shoot fewer subs at 100 Gain for a longer period than run 1000 x Gain 50 subs at 35" and have to deal with the file mgt , editing/selection, and processing. As Ray's curve shows there really is not alot of difference around the top of the curve, so why not do it as efficently as possible?
As I have said before, I don't enjoy the processing side of imaging, I do it to get an image that I enjoy and don't need to get the last available photon coming from my target. That is why "Optimal" will be different for different people, and as Ray has pointed out, the flexibility of this camera provides for a variety of approaches. My approach may always be seen as odd to some but it delivers what I want from imaging.

Last edited by glend; 27-07-2016 at 08:44 AM.