View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Rastas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki View Post
Crikey thats a big statement mate. Theo would have to be the best dealer for CCD camera's in this country bar non. He has had my camera fixed free of charge well after the local warrenty expired and has offered instant and good advice on every occassion I have needed help. Theo you are champ and I am very grateful for all the help you have given me over the past 4 years .

I think the biggest mistake QHY have made commercially is being so open about problems and offering advice allowing customers to repair their own camera's if they feel competent to do so. Although I appreciate this element of openess it has made them a target for all be it elitists or just armchair experts. If it was my business customers would never be allowed to open up camera's and still retain their warranty. That the camera's are worthy of consideration is evident from the many pics floating around showing great results are well within the camera's ability. I personally have never had my QHY camera fog up even at -30 degrees but then I have never personally had need to open it up either. Nor have I ever had problems installing drivers (in 4 years) and it has always had me a little confused as to how people make such a mess of it....follow the instructions they are there to guide.

Mark
Mark
Why is that a big statement? The first 5 words State I'm surprised.... That was made in relation to Theo's reputation normally being of assistance to his customers and not letting something drag on for 18 months.
The camera is still under warrantee is it not? Then why should the owner then have to implement the fix rather than the dealer or manufacturer?
I'm glad you have had great service from Theo as have many other but because some are showing faults etc then don't get so emotional about it, the facts are simple and even an armchair individual can see that.
Rastas