View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 07:05 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Alan and I was just now thinking what a wonderful thing my little blue genny is for without it using all this hardwood and doing everything with hand tools probably would make the project near impossible... for me.

Wow it is cold in this van ...-1 at 6 am so I went outside expecting dew rather ice on the car but nothing and that is a worry.
The wind is drying out the place which we really dont want cause burning off wont be possible...at least the way I do it...lite up late afternoon so the dew puts the fire out or at least makes it controlable and I do so want to do a burn around the van.
Layed awake trying to figure out the best spot for the pier for the eight because that figures in how to lay out the floor.
Dead center of its four foot square probably is not best...but I cant resolve it with imagination as much as I try ..cause usually I can "see" things in my head as good as on paper..I am sure dead center is not the best place... I was going to bring it and the eq6 this trip but changed my mind at the last minute thinking I would not have time to set it up, which is correct as I dont have the time or rather the energy after working all day (sure I have rests but they are rests so a break does not see me doing things with that spare time)...but it would be great to put it in place and find the best spot...sure I can move the box around next trip but I need to work this out now as I am ready to start fixing the floor in place...maybe I will try getting an idea using the heq5 with something like a stick in plzce of the eight to get a better idea...anyways going to Lismore today for provisions with the girls ...my daughter and my friend her mother☺.
Another issue is planting grass for the van area to stop dust but then there will be grass to mow ...
Heck the wind is picking up.
I was tempted to lite to fire last night ...so glad that I did not...nearly forgot my golden rule, which I did remember, dont lite up if there is wind and or no dew...
Anyways I will have another cuppa and move the mount around and determine if I need anything from Bunnings...And when at Bunnings uying stuff for my daughters flash desk one of the guys out the back gave me 15 lengths of 70mm square pine which I used for the legs...they had minor flaws that when dressed really gave them character...saved a bundle...I am such a lucky man the way folk give me stuff when I need it...look at this van..the site preparation was free the van was free most of the materials came to me free, my labour was free... I often think that karma does happen...as it seems to work for me...
Alex