Thread: 8 inch Rasa
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Does it have to be a new imported (conversion +GST+Shipping) scope? Just wait for a used one to pop up on the classifieds here. Hyperstar gives you narrowband capability (if you order the neat little filter draw) which I think RASA does not support).
I have an Edge HD 9.25 but would prefer to keep that ready to go for visual and long FL photography. I am thinking of the 8 inch RASA as I can keep that ready to go with a camera always bolted on and near focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
Also compare the specs between the scopes. I really don't know why they never constructed these in carbon fiber? Would love mine to be in carbon fiber. For the record I have never used the fan cooling yet. Being out in the observatory it is at whatever the outside air temp is. Which then brings you back to the temperature shift focus issues....... But it's a brilliant scope
Yes, there are many reviews that say the RASA is a great scope. At the moment it is on sale at OPT. I'm just trying to decide if the FL at 400mm is actually the image scale I want, as I would probably be limited to large nebula.