View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

I get an answer of 0.7 for c8 with apsc DSLR.

I love my old C8 now it has been tightened and checked over.( all the little bolts that hold it together come loose) and collimating. The images have detail. The 800 refractor views have great crisp and intense colour. They weigh about the same.

But collimating SCT is everything and takes up a lot of time. Once right and tight it is great but without perfect collimating , not so good for images. Not all new SCT will collimate easily either I think.

It would be good to hear how you get the guiding happening as I too have struggled with PhD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Plonk my setup in to that calculator (C925 with focal reduction working out to about 0.68 and an ASI294 camera) and for OK seeing it returns "Slight over-sampling. Will require a good mount and careful guiding"

I would agree with that, my primary work at the moment is getting guiding going more sweetly as PHD2 using out of the box settings seems to be chasing the seeing, leading to oscillations on both axes, the worst being the RA. If I get some clear skies this weekend I plan to set up and work on guiding to refine settings and calm it down.