View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Foxinsox (Graeme Fox)

Data Cabling from Mount/Cameras to PC via data hub(s)

This certainly answers my question which is to do with the connection to my telescope hub and my PC. I will work within my 3 -5 meter limit . From your response it seems that my data corruption issues are related to my imaging camera using the same 5-port data hub as comms cabling to my AZEQ6 autoguide . I will try using two hubs with two separate data cables to two ports on my PC .
many thanks
Graeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Greame,
I think we're discussing two different issues:
1. Connections between the telescope (USB hub?) and a local PC.
2. Connection between a local PC (in the observatory?) and a semi-remote warm room (!) home/office PC.

#1 In the observatory none of the connections is greater than 3 - 5 mtr, I use a local power 7 connection USB hub mounted on the pier and only 2 USB cables back to the PC. Why 2 connections? One of my cameras doesn't like connecting through the hub.

#2 My observatory is about +/-16 mtr from the home office. I use the Cat5/6 cable between the observatory PC and the WIFI modem/router (NBN) in the home office and Teamviewer to "see" and operate the observatory PC.

I just have to open the roof, fire up the gear (EQMod, CdC, PHD2, AstroArt, FireCapture etc) then head back to the warmth of the home office.
Hope this helps.