View Single Post
Old 16-11-2013, 09:03 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
wow, thats all looking very smick indeed Marcus. I like the scope controler, humidity control is a nice touch. Interesting heating is automated, but not cooling, as in auto fan control?.
Cheers Fred. Interesting point, fans are manually controlled. I guess once the fans have hastened equilibration - their only purpose really - they're not needed. Could they be turned off when temps have equalised? Dunno, this is new territory for me. The nice thing about measuring humidity is that the heaters will keep the mirrors at the selected threshold above the dew point, not ambient. So, if the dew point is way below ambient they won't be turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Awesome Marcus. That laser collimator, I take it that is one by OS? Looks very good.
Cheers Paul. Yes, supplied by OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.M View Post
I take it the ribbon cable to the secondary focuser is in line with the bottom vein and that is why it is slightly wider than the other shadows?
Correct. I'm trusting this has no noticeable impact on diffraction spikes. It worth noting that the veins are very thin - 1.6mm. Also, the ribbon cable is flocked so that adds to thickness.