View Single Post
Old 30-01-2019, 01:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been after M42 and the HH as probably my main goal.Sure I will take a lot of other stuff but I would really like to great a really good image putting together all that I have learnt.
I am setting up to produce an image with the best data gathered over years with the cream coming from nights where seeing is perfect and focus is spot on. ... the further you get into this the more you realise that you get so little time if you are hunting perfect conditions...I am going to confine my captures to say 15 degrees either side of zeneth ...and be crazy about elliminating stray light, ....etc you need a list...I am making one...starting with preparing the lawn and setting the pavers in place..making the mount as rigid as possible, spirit level next. ..a list with the simple things you can overlook...you can trust your memory but the times I sortta was slack only to pay the price...like getting a perfect pa but finding the grass under the pavers is still compressing causing just a tiny movement but has you capturing with what you believe is a perfect PA but its now not...I plane to do a polar align check when I change a filter maybe even at each focus ... as I up the game☺
And then go for more scopes luke Dragon Fly...as I see its advantage in being able to get more data when it is rarely perfect.
I am thinking even two additional scopes...but heck thats $10k just for another two 80mm and zwo...
I am thinking of doing a multi dslr with wide field lens 50 to whatever...like you could buy Six old canons ...be good if they were all moded...but it would be relatively cheap...must do some sums☺

I hope to get a proper group of captures with darks flats and each and every filter...until I get M42 near perfect I am happy to perhaps concentrate on it ... it is like the Moon I guess in that everyone is capturing it...but to get a really great photo is not at all simple.
With what you have achieved here it will be interesting if you can improve...I would suggest keep at it and when you perhaps get around to shorter fl you will have brilliant core data.
Great effort.
Alex