View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 07:22 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTas View Post
Bob,

others will be more qualified than me to comment on the mirror issue. But for the screws, if you buy a plug tap of the right size, it should clean up the threads quite nicely. It's most likely to be a metric thread, probably about M3 or M4 if I remember from my Bintel 12".
cheers Phil
Very much so, Thanx a bunch Phil and much like what I have just done, Picked up a pack of M4 screws/bolts, as most the originals were bent & lucky I had one 'nut' amongst the collection jars that wound on perfectly to take to ' H-Hmmm, Cunnings, Lol, just to be sure And while there I picked up the matching 'tap' incase the recesses were problematic, but they are not, very straight and still well still threaded, tho I reamed them all 'in & out a few times with the drill anyway, but quite amazing they were still good considering the bolts are steel and the cell is alu,,,, who'd of thunk
Cheers for the reply & Input champ, definitely on the 'money'
----------------------------------------------------
'
'
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Glass is VERY elastic, like a gelatin.
So it will immediately go back in original shape when stress is removed.
The Best news Ive heard today Bojan Probably for the week, ? mm, yup, lets say for week mate

Will put this thing back together and watch the clouds roll in, , & Ill happily take all the blame for that
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (W_2733.jpg)
159.5 KB22 views