View Single Post
Old 28-12-2019, 02:31 PM
DarkKnight (Kev)

What bits do I need ?

After about four years and on my fourth mount, I still haven't seen first light with any set-up, other than some backyard testing.

I went through the HEQ5/6 trip and just as I was ready to christen it all both my neighbours built monster sheds meaning I had to leave home to take images.

To that end I decided the highly portable Star Adventurer was the way to go and set about putting a kit together. I was seriously getting close to actually taking a photo when some health issues have basically put me out of action for the past two years. This geriatrica really is a whole lot of fun, NOT. Anyway, I'm back to the stage of feeling up to chucking my kit in the ute and heading out.

I have a Nikon D600 currently in the US at Life Pixel getting the HA mod done, and my lens include a 12mm f2.8 Samyang, 14mm f2.8 Samyang, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport and the Sigma 150-600 Sport.

I was looking for a lightweight prime when I came across the Red Cat 51 and a heap of happy users and great reviews.

My question? Other that a 'T' mount, is there anything else I need to use this lens with my Nikon D600.

Thanks

Kev

Ref: https://williamoptics.com/redcat-51