View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 PM
E23 (Andras)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Let me see... It would have been much better to accumulate megatons of nuclear waste with an "extended" half life and proliferate nuclear weapons.... not to mention add a few dozen more 3 mile islands, Fukushimas and Chernobyls... I guess. I believe the European Union just spent how many billions replacing the tomb at Chernobyl for a hundred years? http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017...e-in-the-world

You are blowing smoke bubbles at "greenies" the same way everyone with a vested interest in perpetuating the status quo does.

I believe the U.K went coal free for 3 days a week or so ago... still burning gas of course, but its a bit better than a 100,000 year commitment to a waste dump, I guess...

Engineers don't like "greenies" because they make engineers feel inadequate... From what I gather, the dastardly "greens" have been trying to protect our common environment since the 1960's The wankers have been on the Man V Nature kick for generations. Check out this 10 minute clip on DDT; the arrogance of the chemist is breath taking, and that was what, 60 odd years ago...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipbc-6IvMQI

So, you asked what my solution would be...

As I said, to late, we are screwed. Even if you pulled the plug today, shut down human industrial carbon emissions entirely and ditched the farmed meat chain, simple inertia will keep the process going for centuries... and that's just ONE of our engineered issues.

Here is another! There is so much crap in the oceans now, they'll be dead in a decade or so as the micro plastics wipe out the base of the marine food chain... and thats not even addressing warming or acidification, the later would continue even with a sulphur aerosol turning the sky the colour of piss...

If you want even a faint chance of avoiding the worst of it, start by killing at least 5 or 6 billion humans... nah, don't bother, nature is about to do it for us...

Nice solution Rom. Pol Pot would have been proud of you. Does it mean that you are not on my team to save the planet. I do hope you are not a total nihilist?

Andras