View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 12:38 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
If money isn't an issue Tareq, you could buy the MGEN and be guiding on the first night after it arrives. I haven't seen any bad reports on the MGEN.

I've attached an old picture of my first imaging setup. The MGEN camera is attached to a Skywatcher 50mm finderscope using an adapter that can be ordered at the time of purchase.

Well, there is nothing as cheap route for best results anyway, and we all hear and read that "What get what we pay for", so i don't mind getting this MGEN if it will do the job flawlessly, after all i don't like to deal with toooo many issues at once to solve them all together or even one by one, so i prefer to solve the guiding issue at easiest way i can, if that MGEN can be that then great, i solved the polar alignment problem by buying a Polemaster, in fact i have 2 and one i will sell it hopefully any time soon as a brand new [still in the box unopened] locally and then i buy something else with its price, so with PA solved and hopefully this guiding too if i got MGEN then i can manage another minor issues later and less stressful.

Not sure which adapter you are talking about?!!!

I want to ask an additional question, i bought QHY5L-II-M as my guiding camera in the past, because affordable, but because i do planetary i bought more cameras, including 290mm and 174mm, now should i use one of those instead of QHY5L or i just stay with QHY camera and keep ZWO mono for planetary only? i know i can use them all for guiding, it is just i don't want to keep swapping or use one camera for everything or many tasks that may affect its quality and durability maybe, it is more about which one can do the job better that's all.