View Single Post
Old 20-11-2017, 05:31 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atalas View Post
Hi Erik

Mate,what mount do you have?look at your Dec balance....you need to balance Dec in vertical position as well as horizontal....can you imagine the leverage produced from even a slightly unbalanced Dec? you know....all those things hanging off one side of the scope.

If you Dec is balanced well It will be balanced in any position It points!

I cringe when I hear people saying unbalance your Dec to take up backlash

Yes,try and get you polar alignment as tight as you can....the further It's out the more problematic Dec cross talk becomes....and It's easy to see why.

Cables dude....has an impact....tidy those suckers.

Also,when the seeing is bad It becomes more difficult to diagnose....cause that means you spend your one night a year of good seeing stuffing around instead of imaging

Good luck and I'm sure you'll sought It.
Thanks Paramount MX. Declination is balanced, and I have had all the cables through the mount for a while now. Im going to refine the alignment tonight.

I did notice one strange thing just now though..... While balancing the DEC, it feels a bit "tight" When balancing the RA, I can push it ever so lightly with my finger and it will freely move. The DEC is good up to a point, but then it feels like it sticks and will hold its position, even if unbalanced slightly. I have just given it a bit of a wiggle and seems to have freed up.....

I thought maybe the cable through the mount could be playing a part??

Erik