View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:35 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Talking of traffic stupidity...

A few things I have noticed that are becoming really endemic on the roads in Australia (Canberra really being the worst I have experienced).

1. Stopping WAY back from an intersection, especially at lights. Most of these twits stop SO far back from the intersection that they don't stop on the trigger plates of non-timer traffic lights, therefore NOT signalling the system that they are waiting at the lights. They then sit and wonder why they aren't getting a green light. SO many times I have gotten out and explained it to drivers - and they look TERRIFIED someone is approaching the side of their car too! Beeping them does not work, as they are clueless as to what is going on to start with. I have noticed this is a REAL problem in Canberra at single lane lights. I have seen some stop easily a full car length behind the stop line, WAY back from the trigger plates inlet in the road. (in case you DON'T know, the trigger plates are the squares cut into the road with pressure plates put underneath then re-tarmaced).

WHY????????????????????

2. Creepers - the simpletons who sit at lights and slowly keep rolling forward like they are in the world's biggest rush. They will roll and roll until they are over the darned line...but the funny thing is this dills are so slow in their reactions when it does turn green that 99.9% of the time, you beat them on the go (not even trying to accelerate rapidly). Nearly ALWAYS male in their 30's or early 40's, and mostly 4WD/SUV/ute types

My 2 gripes. Canberra has MORE than it's fair share of these types of driver, especially the KM back from intersection type (more recently than I have EVER seen). ACT roads really need to have signs explaining it