View Single Post
Old 16-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Paul Haese

Just to put my 2c worth into the conversation.

First up, is the secondary centre spotted? If so then collimation is a breeze, if not it is a little more difficult but can be done with a Howie Glatter laser and the appropriate pattern lens.

So, if you have a centre spotted secondary, buy yourself a Takahashi collimation scope, or borrow one from someone. There are numerous pages on this forum where I have described a sure fire method. The bottom line is you want to get everything concentric including the very tiny hair like circles in the centre of the centre spot. This gets me collimated in 5-10 minutes and no pulling apart. Yes you have to move all the collimation screws including the primary and you need the collimating ring for perfect collimation. If you get stuck, drive over here and I will show you how.

If you don't have a centre spot, you can use a Howie Glatter laser. Hard to find now, but if you know someone with one again it is quite quick once you have the method down pat. I don't believe it is as good as using a Tak scope but it's pretty good and way better than you current collimation.

You definitely have collimation issues at present and also some tilt. Sort the collimation first and then sort the tilt.