View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 06:44 PM
glend (Glen)

Yes I have imported several scopes from TS, using UPS, both before and after the changes to GST.
UPS handle all of the inbound processing, so you don't have to worry about anything. They will ring you up or email you, when the package is inbound and give you the charge for the GST and their admin fee (which is reasonable I believe as otherwise you would need a broker or do it yourself). You can pay them over the phone using your credit card, they email you a receipt, and that is all there is to it. You will have excellent UPS tracking info the whole way, and honestly they are very fast. To give you an example, I have ordered from TS on a Tuesday, and by the following Monday I had the scope at my house. Be aware that TS needs to get an export clearance for your scope (so that you don't have to pay The EU VAT), and that can take a day on the TS end.

Note that in my experience, UPS call when the package is inbound, they don't wait for it to land and be stuck in a customs warehouse, so your package will usually land already cleared in terms of payment.

Tracking tends to get a bit murky once it leaves customs and it is turned over to a local carrier for delivery to you. Tracking within Australia is only as good as the local delivery guys who don't necessarily scan it every step of the way. I admit I got used to seeing every little movement, plane change, etc displayed by UPS tracking system, then things can go dark once it leaves Mascot, just my experience.