View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 04:32 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

PHD guiding graphs.

I love the PHD graphs and the little target box but it would be nice to know what they indicate.
Can you help?

First the trend lines what do they indicate if they are going up or down?

In the little target what does this indicate.

If the dots go up or down or to the left or right.

I presume if the RA is trending up or down the solution in the first instance would be to adjust counter weights?

I run 1.5 seconds with RA aggression at around 100 and the dec sometimes nil and other times between 30 and 50.

Last night things were all over the place but after a few attempts at balance and taking off my new 70 mm guide viewing scope it seemed to be happier.

At about 12 oclock it seemed to work well at 2 minute exposure and the last 2 captures I risked 5 minutes which went very well as the stars were round.

The graph lines wander out of the graph box but it keeps guiding so I am not too worried but I would like them to stay where I can watch them

The ra was staying within a second range (I think that is the correct interpretation) but slowly drifted up and off the graph screen.

Its working but I would like to know what the trend lines and the target dots are telling me.

The screen print below was at the start of the night and I forgot to get one later but I just need to know what the various graphs and dots mean...

According to Polemaster my pole alignment was near perfect so I cant understand why dec should trend usually up and if the trend lines in RA are telling me the motors are fighting the counter weight or the scope side.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screenshot (4).png)
108.1 KB73 views