View Single Post
Old 26-04-2018, 10:38 PM
darrellx (Darrell)

Hi All
I have now got all my power needs setup in the Dome – well, almost. I do have one problem to solve.

But first, the power. 2x 100amp hour deep cycle batteries with an 80watt solar panel and dual battery charge controller. All nicely housed in a matching white box. I have a third battery on standby – 75 amp hour deep cycle.

Okay, the problem. I have four pieces of conduit installed under the deck that was put in place at the time of construction. I have pulled the power and data cables through three of the them.

The fourth one, that is one of the runs from the Distribution box to a point across the Dome for some lights is the problem. When I tried to pull the cable through, my draw line came free of the end of the wire I was trying to pull. Now, no draw wire. The conduit run is 1400mm, with three bends (gentle curves really).

So, short of pulling out the conduit, how can I get my electrical wire through? So far, I have tried, in order;
Heavy gauge fencing wire, but it got stuck
I taped two pieces of 5mm twin electrical cable together and tried to push push it through, but it got stuck
If you know yellowboard, the construction flooring, also called yellowtongue, I tried to use a long piece of the yellow plastic stuff use in the groove to join two pieces. But it got stuck.

So I figure I have two options.
Go to Bunnings and spend a few hundred on the flexible wire thing electricians and builders use
Remove the conduit, hold it vertically and start again by dropping a reasonable sized nut through tied to a piece of string.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks
Darrell
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (SolarPower.jpg)
198.4 KB91 views