View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 AM
citivolus (Ric)
Refracted

Before I shut down my business, I used to sell those Maha/Powerex chargers and batteries. The Maha charger is very good, in fact one of the best out there, and the batteries are not too bad either. I still prefer the Eneloop batteries, perhaps because they were first to market, but I have about 60 of the Eneloop batteries and 30 or so of the Imedion and have not had trouble with any of them. I use both the AA and AAA versions of both batteries. In reality, they are functionally identical.

The Powerex (non-Imedion) are rated very well for capacity for high drain use, as long as you don't need the extra charge life of the Imedion. If your application will drain the batteries in less than a month, you are better off with the higher capacity Powerex. If you are planning on lower drain rates, the Eneloop or Imedion would suit you best.

If you are looking at a large purchase, consider contacting Servaas directly. Their minimum order for dealer pricing used to be around $300, but I don't know what it is these days. The Austrlian distributor for Eneloop is Master Instrument, but they can sometimes be a bit hard to get ahold of.

Regards,
Eric