View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Thank you Jeremy, I did however pay for Advast but it is so intrusive i hate it, so it was better to just wear the cost and get rid of it.
So you reckon AVG Free is the way to go.

Many thanks for that useful info, I will look into that.

Leon
I used to work as a volunteer software tester for and Av company many years ago as a tester checking for compatibility issues, I also started and ran for 10 years a registered UK charity teaching It, started TWO computer clubs and still build computers for myself and my son.

I have NEVER paid for AV software.

I have used AVG FREE for years, it is superb. my son is a gamer he is autistic and plays online all over the wold so uses Bit Defender, it really slows the PC down I refuse to use it

1. You won't even know you have AVG on the computer
2. Does NOt alter anything or slow it down#
3. IT WORKS and bloody well, in 10 years I have never had an issue ever

1. Hackers specifically try to attack computers running the MOST used/well known AV software such as Norton, Avast, Bit Defender, it is a challenge to them, software such as AVG, Panda, Sophos are "left" alone more a bit like Windows v Apple

OH AND THIS WAS NOT DONE INTENTIONALLY, I was Just googling FREE av software It only warns you when it has done it's job I have NEVER upgraded

AND you can turn on/off what notifications you do/don't want it is totally controllable, try it nothing to lose
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (lukxfgvnr.jpg)
76.8 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (kjl.jpg)
146.9 KB14 views