View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:23 AM
luka
Unregistered User

I made some MAJOR changes to our ASCOM driver. Probably 1/3 of the driver code was modified in some way.
1. I fixed the binning bug. Binning never worked properly but whoever wrote APT was smart enough not to trust the driver and worked around it. Most likely nobody is using binning as they don't have mono sensors.

2. I moved all settings to an ASCOM compliant properties page.

3. I made the settings accessible from the imaging software via settings button (in APT look at bottom right corner). This will pop up a (limited) properties window similar to what we had, but done in a completely different way and ASCOM compliant.

4. Numerous ASCOM improvements and small bug fixes. Too many to list.

5. Finally, the ASCOM conformance checker passes with:
No errors, warnings or issues found: your driver passes ASCOM validation!!

Believe it or not, but the ASCOM simulator drivers do not pass the conformance checker without issues!!!

The new driver version 0.5L is in the usual spot and the source code is on our GD. No updates are needed to our firmware (Grim's new firmware will not work).

Note that Grim released a new firmware today which has humidity measurements and improved cooling. We don't have source code for this yet but once released I will combine Grim's and my improvements.

PLEASE TEST everything. This was a big change and I am finally close to being happy how things are done.
Let me know of any bugs or ideas for improvement.

Ryan, debayering will most lead to the oops situation
If you want a good "several-nights-horror-reading" about debayering have a look here