View Single Post
Old 17-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by atalas View Post
Hi Paul

I don't use Maxim but a 0.04 minimum move seems very low to me?and better results to west but poor results to east smells like balance doesn't It?I mean to say that maybe the OTA is better balanced to the west?

Balance generally is pretty good but with a huge filter wheel it can be a bit hard at times. That said I have checked a balance a lot as SB mounts need to balanced really well generally to get best performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Roland from Astro-Physics recommends a min move of no less than 1/4 of guider image scale. I don't know the parameters of Paul's system but for my 12" scope, OAG and a 2x2 binned Lodestar that works out at 0.02 sec (1/4 of 1.22 arcsec / 15).

Paul: sorry, no brilliant ideas from me.

Cheers,
Rick.
0.02 seems like an idea to me. I might have to give that a shot and see how that pans out. Going higher up to 0.07 gave pour results so I will try lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
I have min move at 0.01 and max 2.00, not that I fiddled with it, didnt need too. Agressiveness sounds high. When I had perfect PA, I had set 3 and 2, now Ra and Dec at 4 and 4 since PA has drifted a bit. It would help a lot if you loaded the guide log into excell, made a graph and post that?.
0.01-02 seems like a reasonable place to start. I will trial a bit with the aggression. My PA is at 0 nothing to move in either axis.

See the new log attached loaded into excel, but in winzip as excel files are not allowed here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip guide log.zip (14.0 KB, 14 views)