View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 01:02 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalon View Post
For my first scope I went with an unknown manufacturer (Askar FRA400/5.6) and quintuplet design for completely flat imaging, with whatever glass it came with. I love it and haven't regretted my decision one bit. I then purchased the "notoriously difficult" and "poor quality" GSO Ritchey-Cretien scope (204mm@f/8) and loved every moment with it. Yes, a learning curve, but satisfying and I got images (forgettable, but present) from my very first night out.

If you need to pick glass vs optical quality, I'd go optical quality all the way.

Actually those two scopes are in my list, more is that Askar FRA400, and i am almost confirmed or decided to get it finally, but i still have time before i order if anything will happen to change my mind, but from some results i saw out of this scope i feel good and accepting what i see, and it will match one camera i already have, so it will be done.

Now i am searching for third same focal length or FOV of FRA400, for my other cameras, i have three and i might add one more, so having 4 cameras is so much flexible, and for that i prefer to use two or three scopes, one is ordered which is a triplet new model FPL-55, second could be strongly this FRA400 [it matches QHY294M which i have nicely], then i am left with QHY163M and ASI1600MM, both have 3.8um pixel size, and i don't want to go longer focal length only to match pixel size for sampling as many told me, but who knows.