View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 03:02 PM
byronpaul (Paul)

Hi all,

Saturday night at camp started with the feast ..... and some very happy dinners. The Smoker was a raging success and the meat was amazing. Plenty of salads on hand and well finished with a couple of Pavlovas. Thanks to Steve, Paul and David for your assistance.

After dinner, the night wasn't looking too good. Started out with lots of thick cloud which cleared a bit to high level cloud. Most on the field tried to get alignments done and guiding set-up but gave up after an hour or so and retired for the night, but in true Snake Valley tradition about midnight the heavens cleared and those of us still up got a good 3 ~ 4 hours of great visual and imaging.

In the early hours of the morning, the seeing and transparency where excellent, and the views through the 18" SDM were amazing. Having not had the scope out since last camp, did the normal popular targets. With the 21mm Ethos in the scope, spent a long time on my favs of Omega Centurai, Eta Carina and Tarantula. The later 2 were mind blowing with the DGM NPB filter

Attached is last nights go at Eta Carina and my first ever processed image. After collecting terabytes of data over the last 10+ years, I finally got something processed that looks like an astro object

Looking forward to a couple more relaxing days and clear nights.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC3372 (10%).jpg)
212.4 KB67 views