View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Zubenel (Wes)
Awe and Wonder

Tony. I’ve been working with Gary Myers from Stellacat and Peter Read from SDM telescopes to improve the Tracking of Zamar . Understanding the procedures and protocols associated with the union of hardware and software has been time heavey , difficult ( to my mined) at times and frustrating.
The goal is be able to increase an exposure from around 3.2 seconds to 10-20seconds. Currently an object drifts off the ccd chip within 30 minutes which means that each exposure on average will make the stars elongate . The short exposure time also limits the Star magnitude. However , I was successful last night in downloading new and corrected gearing Ratios into the servocat. As a test I centred on NGC 6804 PN in Aquila , turned on local sync , made sure the ladder was out of the track path and went inside . 2 hrs and 10 min later through the 12mm Nagler(30 arc min fov)yielding 211 x mag the PN was with in a few acr minutes of centre field I’m hoping this will take my images to the next level and give me a chance at fainter galaxies .#killstarbloat