View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 05:13 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Patrice and Luka.

Yes reading the specs on the regulators. The lower 3.3V and 5V LDOs (from ST) appear have 2.0V drop out LDO while others have a 1.7V LDO. Yet this depends on mfgr spec sheets (could also change with mfgrs)...ST 2016 sheets say this but their 2009 sheets say 1.7 LDO across the board!

I'm guessing we can run at 8V minimum ok..allowing for small irregularities and mfgr part spec differences. Patrice mentioned 9V...yes that fine!

The idea of running the TEC from 12V separate source. Yes gents this has merit. What are we looking at, placing this TEC DC/DC LDO outside the case and running its output inside? Are we not using the ATMEGA328 FET TEC controller?

Luka and Patrice...is that just plain PCB price..non populated?

Patrice have you run Peltier tests? What sized TEC did you use? Sorry for hitting you up its just I was just about to run some to see what sort of delta I could get. Looking at a 30mm sq TEC.

Gilles...we would love to hear about the cam84 you have put a lot of work in it..show it off

edit:
Just a question...what are the Ukrainians using to take darks to evaluate/test their cameras...MaximDL?

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 02-10-2016 at 06:06 AM.