View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 03:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

A shipping container is good for lock up and somewhat vermin proof and good for a fire how every unless right in it...a van has various advantages...its all done..plumbing wiring lights stove fridge windows furnishings and relatively easy to move...a van works out far cheaper.
A relative of mine built a real house using shipping containers and it was much more expensive than a conventional build...you should get a van for under $10 k and most likely around $5k if you wait for a good buy..I picked one up for nothing and that is not uncommon.
If you just put in a permanent pier and keep your gear inside. .mount scope etc such an instalation (permanent pier)really makes set up much easier as you can mark where the mount goes to get polar alignment or very close to it...I dont plan leaving my scopes cameras and mounts in the thing that I am building if I am not on site (see what I am building in DYI observatories here)
And may I say welcome to iceinspace and I hope that you can keep us informed of your adventures...my recomendation for a place is the far North NSW coast..weather is great and life is laid back for most☺.
Great beaches on the coast and plenty of beautiful bushland and no nasty animals except maybe the odd brown snake and they are not too bad unless they bite you in which case it is life threatening ...
Good luck.
Alex